We are entering a rapid growth phase at our company so it’s a great time to join us! We’re looking for a go-getter senior technical writer to help extract knowledge and information from our engineering teams to create internal and customer facing documentation, FAQs, troubleshooting guides, reference materials, new engineering onboarding material, etc.. Basically for anything documentation related, you’re going to be our huckleberry.
We need someone that doesn’t need to be told what to do in this role. We’ll give you the “Whys” and you’re going to figure out the “hows” and will execute on them. We want you to come in, observe, engage with our rapidly growing engineering and support teams, identify gaps in our documentation process and make recommendations to leadership to improve them, capture our tribal knowledge in the most appropriate format, and memorialize it so that it helps us with our documentation needs both internally and externally.
- Maintain current knowledge of technical writing tools, methodologies, techniques, etc.
- Produce and maintain product documentation including, but not limited to, user manuals, user guides, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), internal and customer facing training materials, systems diagrams, architecture drawings, processes, workflows, etc. Basically documenting any information that needs to be captured, preserved, and shared in the most appropriate medium.
- Coordinate documentation requirements with product, engineering, and test managers.
- Act as curator for the company wiki by keeping documentation up to date, archiving obsolete documents and outdated materials, and reorganizing the wiki structure as needed.
- Analyze existing documentation products, determine gaps, and put forward a plan to improve.
- Engage support and engineering teams to determine internal and external stakeholder requirements for proper documentation.
- Document systems, procedures, processes, workflows, enterprise architectures
- Someone eager to be part of this team as we disrupt this industry yet again. We are shrinking 20 years of technology improvements into a 3 month adoption cycle for our customers. Buckle up.
- Lifelong learner – ability to understand new concepts and technologies.
- Ability to both give and receive feedback in a positive, constructive manner.
- Ability to work in a faced paced team environment with teammates based in Las Vegas and remote.
- 6+ years experience as a technical writer
- JIRA / Confluence experience
- Excellent grammatical and spelling skills
- Needs only general direction and minimal guidance for documentation creation
- Ability to work independently and as a member supporting various teams
- Excellent time management skills – can successfully coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Experience documenting CLI commands and APIs
- Identify tools necessary to build a proper technical document management workflow and management system the the appropriate level of governance and version control
- Understand product development methodologies and help guide on best practices for technical documentation creation
- Analyzes documentation products and makes recommendations to improve access access to relevant information for customers across multiple personas and increase document quality